Welcome to Hillside Online!
Welcome to our online platform for worship during our interim suspension of in-person gatherings.
- You do not need to create an account or sign in.
When you click the link we provided you will be prompted to download software to run Zoom on your PC/Mac or phone.
After you download the software, install it and Zoom will complete the installation.
Click “join meeting”. If it doesn’t work at once, go back to the Zoom link and re-click it.
Before you join the meeting, check your microphone, speakers and camera.
You do not need a camera, your name will appear in the meeting.
We know that doing church at home or in small groups will be difficult with young children. That’s why we’ve set up a Kids Korner page with some helpful resources!
Click the Kids Korner button below to find:
2. A Special Video (15 min) from Marnie.
Say hello, listen to her read a story and do an activity at the end of the video.
We encourage you to get this set up before the live stream starts: maybe in another room. Don’t forget your colouring tools!
- Prepare. It might be tempting to stay in bed right until the live stream starts (or to even just … stay in bed!) We’d love to encourage you to actually set an alarm, get up with enough time to breakfast, and spend some time in prayer that God would help you be aware of him in this time. We’re also going to keep practicing communion together, so before the service starts, think about grabbing some bread and juice with you to wherever in your home you’re participating.
- Participate. It will be weird to sing along with a video at your house. Embrace the “weird!” The God of the Bible is far less concerned with how good you sound than he is about your decision to sing his praise. He says that there’s something about our singing that blesses him: which is worth considering as we decide whether or not to sing.
This also means paying attention to the sermon. Try to behave like you would in our building. Don’t multi-task on emails, check your phone, cook breakfast, get coffee. Sit. Listen. Take notes.
- Practice. After the service has finished take some time to process what God has been saying to you. Write something down that you think you should pay attention to over the next few days. Practice silence as you think this through. Then turn to the people who watched with you (or call up a friend) and tell them what you need to put into practice for this next week.
We will live stream our entire worship service (which includes singing). If you’d like to sing more, we’ve compiled some resources at here.
Online Prayer Meetings
We will be gathering together online to pray at the following times.
Sunday: 9:00 – 9:30 AM
Weekdays: 8:00 – 8:30 AM
You can join any of these video meetings when they are running.