For the Glory of God, Our Vision is to Connect Deeply, Grow Fully and Serve Passionately.
We are on mission to become a community of fully-equipped and empowered followers of Jesus, bringing His healing, hope and compassion to the Tri-Cities and beyond.
What We Believe
What We Believe
- The Bible comes from God and is true and relevant.
- Jesus Christ is God and He alone gives us salvation through His death and resurrection.
- Salvation is God’s gift that we receive by repenting of our sins and trusting in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit enables us to live a life of obedience to God and service to others.
- That Jesus sets people free to really live!
The Core Values of the EMCC
- The Good News – We value the good news of Jesus Christ, which is the biblical message of God’s love to all people.
- The Great Commission – We value the command of Christ to “go into all the world and make disciples of all nations.”
- The Church – We value the global body of Christ expressed through local churches of disciples.
- Spirit-Led Living – We value the Spirit of Christ and His varied and abundant ministry in people and churches.
- Unity – We value the oneness of Christ expressed through unity in essentials, liberty in non-essentials and charity in all things.
- Service – We value the servanthood of Christ, who is our example.
- Heritage – We value the community of Christ called into being as the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada.
- Equipping Leaders – We value the equipping of leaders to serve Christ and His church.
The EMCC Statement of Faith
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy; and the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- One God, eternally existent in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- One Lord Jesus Christ, Our Saviour, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work and substitutionary death, and His personal return in power and glory.
- The Salvation of lost and sinful people through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Unity in the Spirit of all true believers, the Body of Christ; visible in gathered communities and in co-operative mission.
- The Resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- These articles are the non-negotiable Essentials of the Christian faith. The statement is Orthodox and Evangelical. Orthodox means in agreement with the historic teaching of the Christian faith as expressed in the historic creeds. Evangelical means an emphasis on the biblical gospel about salvation by faith in Christ and new life (regeneration) by the transforming work of the Holy Spirit. This new life is essential to the Christian walk.